Main Street Minute: Amazing Jake’s to get makeover, name change
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Major renovations are underway at a Valley family entertainment venue. Amazing Jake’s near Gilbert and Baseline roads in Mesa will reopen in December as Jake’s Unlimited. Changes include an expanded kid zone, new rides, new food menu and a bigger laser-tag area.
• The Phoenix Rescue Mission will open the Mission Possible Cafe near 15th Avenue and Van Buren Street in the fall. The rescue mission provides training for men, women and children who are struggling with homelessness, addiction and trauma. The cafe will offer Southwestern-inspired cuisine.
• Bashas’ is holding a job fair Tuesday in suburban Phoenix. The event runs from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. at the Mesa Convention Center near Center Street and University Drive. The Valley-based grocer, which also operates Food City and AJ’s Fine Foods wants to fill over 200 positions statewide.
- Man shot by Mesa police charged with aggravated assault, other charges
- Self-driving Waymo car involved in a 5-vehicle crash in Mesa
- Man dead after being shot by a Mesa police officer
- Phoenix-area cities among best in US for buying investment properties
- Here is the timeline of Mesa officers’ recent use-of-force incidents