President Donald Trump to visit Yuma on Tuesday
PHOENIX — President Donald Trump will visit Yuma, Ariz. on Tuesday, the same day that he’s slated to hold a rally in Phoenix at 7 p.m.
KYMA reported the visit Saturday. A website called Public Pool published what appeared to be a copy of a media advisory, which states that Air Force One will arrive at Marine Corps Air Station Yuma on Tuesday at 1 p.m.
A reason for the visit wasn’t immediately clear, but it could be related to Trump’s proposed border wall, a campaign promise that has spurred controversy among varying communities.
In July, the House approved a spending bill that included $1.6 billion for the wall.
- Phoenix police searching for sheep missing since 2013
- Arizona officials work to ensure wildlife have water during drought
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this weekend
- McCain viewed more favorably among Arizona Dems than GOP, poll finds
- Has Republican Party been redefined under Trump? Sen. Jeff Flake says so