What does Charlottesville mean and what should we do?
Carlos Galindo-Elvira is the executive director of the Anti-Defamation League of Arizona.
Loren Molever is the former chair of Anytown, a diversity workshop, where he did diversity training for over 20 years.
On this week’s episode, we have an in-depth conversation on the events in Charlottesville, Va. What does it mean and what should we do?
We also ask if there has been a resurgence of hate groups like Nazis and the KKK, and if so, why?
There was also President Donald Trump’s response to the events of Charlottesville. Did he handle it well?
Finally, we look at the aftermath as a whole, centering around a discussion on if we should balance our commitment to principles of Free Speech when violence-prone hate groups are involved. Does this balance shift when such groups appear heavily armed and in large numbers?
All this and more on this week’s Think Tank.
The Think Tank
- Think Tank explores: What really happened in this year’s election?
- What is the latest with the caravan of Central American migrants?
- Arizona political experts join Think Tank for pre-election special
- Cindy McCain named chairman of Washington, DC-based think tank
- Arizona State law professor Paul Bender talks Supreme Court issues