Main Street Minute: Arizona Make-A-Wish receives generous donation
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• A Valley-based global health and wellness company just raised more than $500,000 for charity. Isagenix International of Gilbert said it has contributed (along with customers and corporate contributions) nearly $7 million to Phoenix-based children’s nonprofit Make-A-Wish since 2012.
• Obon Sushi Bar and Ramen has opened its doors in Scottsdale near 73rd Street and Greenway Hayden Loop. It’s the first metro Phoenix location for the Tucson-based restaurant that serves up traditional Japanese fare with Korean influences.
• Job-finder website LocalWork.com has moved its headquarters to Phoenix from Scottsdale, the Phoenix Business Journal reports. The company has also expanded its services to Denver, Dallas and Houston and plans to double its workforce.
- Four Arizona cities among top 50 ‘most fun’ cities in US
- Silver Alert canceled after missing Scottsdale woman found safe
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports
- Main Street Minute: State library picks up grant to digitize newspapers