Child dies after being pulled from Peoria pool
PHOENIX — A 3-year-old boy died Friday after he was pulled from a backyard pool in a Phoenix suburb, officials said.
Peoria Fire Department spokesman Tim Eiden said an adult found the child in the pool near 83rd Avenue and Cactus Road and began doing CPR.
“We don’t know how long the child was out of sight,” he said. “We don’t know how long the child was in the backyard pool.”
The boy was unresponsive when paramedics arrived. He was taken to a hospital where he died.
KTAR News’ Griselda Zetino contributed to this report.
- Local investor envisions a haunting future for historic Peoria hotel
- Study shows Arizona cities rank among happiest places to live in US
- Peoria student arrested for allegedly bringing gun to school in car
- Court revives Phoenix-area family’s lawsuit in child-protection case
- Man shot, arrested after running from police in West Valley