Child dies after being pulled from Peoria pool
PHOENIX — A 3-year-old boy died Friday after he was pulled from a backyard pool in a Phoenix suburb, officials said.
Peoria Fire Department spokesman Tim Eiden said an adult found the child in the pool near 83rd Avenue and Cactus Road and began doing CPR.
“We don’t know how long the child was out of sight,” he said. “We don’t know how long the child was in the backyard pool.”
The boy was unresponsive when paramedics arrived. He was taken to a hospital where he died.
KTAR News’ Griselda Zetino contributed to this report.
- Three Arizona cities among top 20 in US for singles
- Man caught between trucks in Peoria dies at hospital
- Phoenix-area residents to soon have access to Valley Metro bus services
- Challenger Space Center facing costly, tricky move from Peoria home
- Say cheese: Two Arizona cities rank best in nation for pizza lovers