Child dies after being pulled from Peoria pool
PHOENIX — A 3-year-old boy died Friday after he was pulled from a backyard pool in a Phoenix suburb, officials said.
Peoria Fire Department spokesman Tim Eiden said an adult found the child in the pool near 83rd Avenue and Cactus Road and began doing CPR.
“We don’t know how long the child was out of sight,” he said. “We don’t know how long the child was in the backyard pool.”
The boy was unresponsive when paramedics arrived. He was taken to a hospital where he died.
KTAR News’ Griselda Zetino contributed to this report.
- Say cheese: Two Arizona cities rank best in nation for pizza lovers
- Hot-air balloon forced to make rough landing near Peoria
- Main Street Minute: Enchilada place adding another site in Phoenix
- Student’s Eagle Scout project is raising money for marching band
- 2 toddlers drown in Phoenix-area swimming pools in less than 24 hours