Child dies after being pulled from Peoria pool
PHOENIX — A 3-year-old boy died Friday after he was pulled from a backyard pool in a Phoenix suburb, officials said.
Peoria Fire Department spokesman Tim Eiden said an adult found the child in the pool near 83rd Avenue and Cactus Road and began doing CPR.
“We don’t know how long the child was out of sight,” he said. “We don’t know how long the child was in the backyard pool.”
The boy was unresponsive when paramedics arrived. He was taken to a hospital where he died.
KTAR News’ Griselda Zetino contributed to this report.
- Study shows Phoenix is most stressed city in Arizona, Scottsdale the least
- 3 Arizona cities rank among best in nation for first-time home buyers
- 2-year-old girl dies after being found in Goodyear pool
- Former Peoria chief of police chosen to head Savannah Police Department
- Walgreens to update pharmacist training after Arizona complaint