Maricopa County animal shelter offering free adoptions
PHOENIX — Maricopa County Animal Care and Control said its shelters are beyond full, and it needs the public’s help in clearing room.
“To say our shelters are full is an understatement,” a release read. “We are at more than double capacity at both our East and West shelters, and our East shelter has zero space to accept any more animals.”
The organization said all adoptions will be free at the East facility from Tuesday, Aug. 8 through Friday, Aug. 11.
The East shelter is located at 2630 W Rio Salado Parkway in Mesa, near Rio Salado and Loop 101.
“Although our West shelter is nearing double capacity, we are not at the same critical levels that our East facility is currently facing,” the statement said.
The shelter also reminds the public that if you care to help but can’t adopt, the shelter needs supplies — like newspapers, food, toys, collars and leashes — and can use volunteers to help socialize and clean up after the animals.
- Adoption fees covered at 2 Phoenix-area animal shelters on Saturday
- K-9 units enlisted to sniff out drug smugglers and human traffickers
- Phoenix-area shelters get busy returning dogs scared off by fireworks
- Phoenix-area shelters seek volunteers to comfort dogs during fireworks
- Phoenix-area county shelters have free dog, cat adoptions through July 4