Scottsdale man dies suddenly after bloody visit with elderly parents
PHOENIX — Police in Scottsdale said a man arrested for attacking his elderly parents died shortly after he was taken into custody.
Sgt. Ben Hoster said Lee Edward Knowlton, 55, stopped breathing Monday night while being handcuffed at a senior living community near Shea and Frank Lloyd Wright boulevards.
Authorities said they had responded to a domestic violence call from Knowlton’s mother that her son had assaulted her and her husband.
When police went inside the home, Knowlton and his father were on the floor covered in blood. Knowlton had used a stun gun on his father and beaten him and his mother.
Cause of death has not been determined.
The parents were reported to be in stable condition.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Arizona gun control activists call for action at Monday night vigil
- Scottsdale is best city in nation to get a summer job, analysis shows
- Authorities arrest 5 in meth-trafficking investigation in Phoenix area
- National registry for cancer-stricken firefighters stalls in US House
- Arizona falls in national rankings for senior health, report finds