Scottsdale man dies suddenly after bloody visit with elderly parents
PHOENIX — Police in Scottsdale said a man arrested for attacking his elderly parents died shortly after he was taken into custody.
Sgt. Ben Hoster said Lee Edward Knowlton, 55, stopped breathing Monday night while being handcuffed at a senior living community near Shea and Frank Lloyd Wright boulevards.
Authorities said they had responded to a domestic violence call from Knowlton’s mother that her son had assaulted her and her husband.
When police went inside the home, Knowlton and his father were on the floor covered in blood. Knowlton had used a stun gun on his father and beaten him and his mother.
Cause of death has not been determined.
The parents were reported to be in stable condition.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Arizona leads nation in proportion of female farmers
- Crowded field for Franks’ special election raises more than $1.1 million
- Arizona nonprofit awarded $30M for projects in low-income areas
- Phoenix residents need to work 66 hours to pay monthly rent, study finds
- Arizona lawmakers block bump stocks debate after Florida shooting