Loop 202 construction to force more overnight I-10 closures this week
PHOENIX — Late-night drivers in the Phoenix area should be prepared for more overnight closures of Interstate 10 while crews work on the future final leg of the Loop 202 freeway.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said the westbound lanes of I-10 would be shut down at 59th Avenue at 9 p.m. nightly through Tuesday night while crews worked on overhead bridges. The lanes will reopen each day at 5 a.m.
Eastbound I-10 will be down to one lane with intermittent closures beginning at 9 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday nights and 10 p.m. on Friday.
The lanes will be reopened each morning at 5 a.m.
The westbound off-ramp at 59th Avenue will be closed at 9 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday nights and will reopen each day at 5 a.m.
Drivers were urged to use alternate routes or prepare for lengthy delays.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona officials postpone Loop 101 closure in north Phoenix due to rain
- Parts of Loop 101, Interstate 10 closed this weekend
- ADOT officers, human and K-9, seize over 1,000 pounds of marijuana
- Part of I-10 closed over weekend for South Mountain Freeway construction
- Phoenix Open expected to impact traffic in north Scottsdale this week