1 killed, 3 hurt in head-on car collision on Phoenix street
PHOENIX — One person was killed and three others were injured in a head-on car collision Sunday night on a Phoenix street.
Police said a car carrying two people heading west on Thomas Road near 37th Avenue swerved into east lanes, smashing into a car also carrying two people.
A woman driving the second car was killed. Her passenger was seriously injured.
The driver of the westbound vehicle also was seriously injured; a passenger suffered minor injuries.
Police closed the street between 37th and 39th avenues, Fox 10 reported. Investigators were still at the scene early Monday.
No other details were available.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
- Authorities suspect Arizona inmate’s death to be a homicide
- 300 Mesa High students walk out in support of stricter gun control
- Police investigating possible triple homicide in northwest Phoenix
- Joe Arpaio loses appeal in lawsuit over his slip-and-fall injury
- Arizona DCS head responds to claims of failed foster care protections