1 killed, 3 hurt in head-on car collision on Phoenix street
PHOENIX — One person was killed and three others were injured in a head-on car collision Sunday night on a Phoenix street.
Police said a car carrying two people heading west on Thomas Road near 37th Avenue swerved into east lanes, smashing into a car also carrying two people.
A woman driving the second car was killed. Her passenger was seriously injured.
The driver of the westbound vehicle also was seriously injured; a passenger suffered minor injuries.
Police closed the street between 37th and 39th avenues, Fox 10 reported. Investigators were still at the scene early Monday.
No other details were available.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
- Head of Phoenix DEA says opioid epidemic ‘has not yet peaked’
- Parts of I-10 in Phoenix to be restricted for South Mountain Freeway work
- Phoenix officer alert and talking after being wounded in shootout
- Phoenix officer injured in off-duty assault; suspect arrested
- Give-A-Thon for Phoenix Children’s Hospital raises $1.7 million