1 killed, 3 hurt in head-on car collision on Phoenix street
PHOENIX — One person was killed and three others were injured in a head-on car collision Sunday night on a Phoenix street.
Police said a car carrying two people heading west on Thomas Road near 37th Avenue swerved into east lanes, smashing into a car also carrying two people.
A woman driving the second car was killed. Her passenger was seriously injured.
The driver of the westbound vehicle also was seriously injured; a passenger suffered minor injuries.
Police closed the street between 37th and 39th avenues, Fox 10 reported. Investigators were still at the scene early Monday.
No other details were available.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- She Said: UnderTow in Phoenix is a hidden gem that must be explored
- Tucson, Phoenix rated by website as Arizona’s best cities for singles
- Report: Gun-related deaths of Arizona children up in 2017
- ‘Weird Al’ Yankovic to perform in Phoenix in 2019 with full orchestra
- Arizona unemployment rate rises to 4.7 percent in October