Former president Bill Clinton pokes fun at himself with ‘balloon’ tweet
PHOENIX — Former president Barack Obama celebrated his 56th birthday on Friday.
Thousands of people reached out on social media to wish a happy birthday to the 44th President of the United States, including another former president, Bill Clinton.
On the surface, Clinton’s tweet seems just — odd.
If you know a bit of the backstory, however, then “I love a good balloon” actually means something humorous.
Basically, this video speaks for itself.
Clinton was standing with his wife Hillary at the Democratic National Convention in 2016 when she was running against Republican nominee Donald Trump to become the next president.
Balloons rained down on stage and Clinton had some fun with them, to say the least.
Social media users understood the humor in Clinton’s tweet, and had some fun with the former president as well.
- 300 Mesa High students walk out in support of stricter gun control
- Police investigating possible triple homicide in northwest Phoenix
- Joe Arpaio loses appeal in lawsuit over his slip-and-fall injury
- Arizona DCS head responds to claims of failed foster care protections
- Hearing called off for Phoenix-area man accused in 9 shooting deaths