Phoenix Zoo back open following monsoon storm
Because of the hard work by the staff and volunteers, it was only closed for one day.
The zoo announced they are back open for business Saturday, and already resuming normal activities and shows.
The zoo opened to members at 6 a.m. Saturday and the general public at 7 a.m. The Prowl & Play: Dinosaurs is slated to start at 5:30 p.m.
It was closed all day Friday after getting hit with nearly two inches of rain in a short amount of time Thursday evening.
All of the animals were safe, but according to communications director Linda Hardwick, the tenting canopy at Stingray Bay was torn in half, among other damage.
- Phoenix could see ‘tens of millions’ in profits from Lost Lake Festival
- West Phoenix Abrazo hospital to close before Christmas
- FBI searches for scarf-wearing suspect in 10 Valley robberies
- Phoenix police to begin landfill search for missing woman next week
- Phoenix woman sentenced for framing husband’s ex as stalker