Phoenix Zoo back open following monsoon storm
Because of the hard work by the staff and volunteers, it was only closed for one day.
The zoo announced they are back open for business Saturday, and already resuming normal activities and shows.
The zoo opened to members at 6 a.m. Saturday and the general public at 7 a.m. The Prowl & Play: Dinosaurs is slated to start at 5:30 p.m.
It was closed all day Friday after getting hit with nearly two inches of rain in a short amount of time Thursday evening.
All of the animals were safe, but according to communications director Linda Hardwick, the tenting canopy at Stingray Bay was torn in half, among other damage.
- Ofo, dockless bike share system, kicks off operations in Mesa
- Arizona Super Show to be held at University of Phoenix Stadium
- Arizona DPS trooper injured in crash with impaired driver
- Rep. Andy Biggs: Florida shooting should not be ‘politicized’
- Arizona bill would fine residents for misrepresenting service animals