Phoenix Zoo back open following monsoon storm
Because of the hard work by the staff and volunteers, it was only closed for one day.
The zoo announced they are back open for business Saturday, and already resuming normal activities and shows.
The zoo opened to members at 6 a.m. Saturday and the general public at 7 a.m. The Prowl & Play: Dinosaurs is slated to start at 5:30 p.m.
It was closed all day Friday after getting hit with nearly two inches of rain in a short amount of time Thursday evening.
All of the animals were safe, but according to communications director Linda Hardwick, the tenting canopy at Stingray Bay was torn in half, among other damage.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Elderly man arrested in Phoenix-area bank robbery fled halfway house
- Arizona high court to hear appeal from stationery business
- Arizona Marine killed in 1950 during Korean War identified
- 71-year-old suspect fatally shot by deputy US marshal in north Phoenix
- 1 Democrat, 1 Republican seem headed for Arizona commission