Tornado spotted south of downtown Phoenix
PHOENIX — With all of the rain and hail coming down in the Valley Thursday evening, it was hard to see much in the distance.
The National Weather Service Phoenix spotted something quite rare in the Phoenix area, however — a tornado.
They said a landsprout tornado was visible south of downtown Phoenix just after 5 p.m. on Thursday.
It lasted only a very brief amount of time.
NWS Phoenix said that the last report of one in the Phoenix area was Oct. 6, 2015, near Goodyear.
For what was a crazy monsoon storm that dropped nearly two inches of rain in many areas, maybe this won’t surprise many people.
- Ofo, dockless bike share system, kicks off operations in Mesa
- Arizona Super Show to be held at University of Phoenix Stadium
- Arizona DPS trooper injured in crash with impaired driver
- Rep. Andy Biggs: Florida shooting should not be ‘politicized’
- Arizona bill would fine residents for misrepresenting service animals