Tornado spotted south of downtown Phoenix
PHOENIX — With all of the rain and hail coming down in the Valley Thursday evening, it was hard to see much in the distance.
The National Weather Service Phoenix spotted something quite rare in the Phoenix area, however — a tornado.
They said a landsprout tornado was visible south of downtown Phoenix just after 5 p.m. on Thursday.
It lasted only a very brief amount of time.
NWS Phoenix said that the last report of one in the Phoenix area was Oct. 6, 2015, near Goodyear.
For what was a crazy monsoon storm that dropped nearly two inches of rain in many areas, maybe this won’t surprise many people.
- Valley Metro CEO Scott Smith to remain in position until 2020
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest stories from past weekend in Arizona, nation
- South Mountain Freeway construction overcomes another legal roadblock
- ‘Till death do us part? Arizona ranks among states with high divorce rates
- Looking to secure your home without using a monitoring contract?