Share this story...
Latest News

Anthony Scaramucci out as White House communications director

White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci, right, blowing a kiss after answering questions during the press briefing in the Brady Press Briefing room of the White House in Washington, Friday, July 21, 2017. (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais)

Anthony Scaramucci was reportedly removed as the White House communications director on Monday just 10 days after being named to the job.

The New York Times was the first to report the latest shakeup in President Donald Trump’s administration. The paper reported that new White House Chief of Staff Gen. John Kelly asked for Scaramucci’s removal, while other outlets reported that he resigned.

In a statement, the White House said the decision was made so Kelly could have “a clean slate and the ability to build his own team.”

Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Scaramucci was not given another role in the White House.

“He does not have a role at this time in the Trump administration,” she said during a press briefing.

Scaramucci was removed before he officially started the job. He had been expected to start Aug. 15 and was not going to take a salary.

 

Scaramucci’s time in the White House was a tumultuous one. Former press secretary Sean Spicer resigned in protest hours after the Trump named the New York financier to the job.

Scaramucci also went on a profanity-laced tirade against multiple higher-ups during a phone call to a reporter. He accused former White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus of being a “paranoid schizophrenic.” He also accused White House chief strategist Steve Bannon of trying to burnish his own reputation.

Scaramucci later tweeted, in part: “I sometimes use colorful language. I will refrain in this arena but not give up the passionate fight” for President Donald Trump’s agenda.

Priebus resigned on Friday.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Show Podcasts and Interviews

Reporter Stories

Related Links