Main Street Minute: Phoenician to redesign golf course
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The Phoenix Business Journal reports the Phoenician will cut the number of holes on its golf course from 27 to 18. The redesign starts in January 2018. The Scottsdale resort is also building a two-story athletic club that will include a tennis center, activity center, retail shop and more. It is scheduled to open next March.
• U-Haul has partnered with Professional Towing and Recovery to serve moving needs of Tempe residents. U-Haul trucks, towing equipment, support rental items and boxes will be offered at the site near Scottsdale Road and Loop 202.
• A big hiring event is scheduled Monday at the Renaissance Glendale Hotel Spa and Convention Center from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. Attendees should bring resumes and dress professionally.
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists
- Scottsdale’s Beat the Heat race to return in June after five-year hiatus
- Phoenix high school student arrested for bringing loaded gun on campus
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures over President’s Day weekend