Did you know? These 10 notable things happened in August
The month of August occupies an unenviable slot in the calendar.
Sitting in the No. 8 hole, August lacks a national holiday and is mostly regarded as the beginning of the end of summer vacation for school kids (Arizona kids start going back as early as mid-July).
On the plus side, August means we’re inching closer to the fall and winter holidays. Yay!
But lots of things have happened in the month. Big stuff — some of it cool, some of it sad — has made the history books in August.
The gallery below highlights some of those events.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Can Google track my location after I’ve changed my smartphone settings?
- Tempe Marketplace displaying 12 murals honoring music legends
- ASU joins forces with museum to offer master’s degree in WWII studies
- Welcome to the Jungle! Uptown Jungle set to open in Phoenix suburb
- Traveling Anne Frank exhibit to be on display in Phoenix this week