Did you know? These 10 notable things happened in August
The month of August occupies an unenviable slot in the calendar.
Sitting in the No. 8 hole, August lacks a national holiday and is mostly regarded as the beginning of the end of summer vacation for school kids (Arizona kids start going back as early as mid-July).
On the plus side, August means we’re inching closer to the fall and winter holidays. Yay!
But lots of things have happened in the month. Big stuff — some of it cool, some of it sad — has made the history books in August.
The gallery below highlights some of those events.
- 80-year-old accused of Tucson bank robbery has decades-old record
- Rainfall measured in downtown Phoenix for first time since August
- Arizona lawmakers seek answers in Texas suspect’s criminal history lapse
- Arizona agencies to remove criminal history question on job applications
- Monday marks anniversary of infamous Phoenix trunk murders case