Fatal vehicle crash on light rail track causes delays near downtown Phoenix
A fatal crash on the light rail track caused delays Sunday morning along Central Avenue just north of downtown Phoenix.
The service on Central between McDowell Road and Encanto Boulevard was closed until 9:50 a.m. as police investigated the crash that left a pickup truck along the track and the driver dead, a Phoenix Police Department spokesperson said on Twitter.
Police believe the driver had been traveling on the light rail track before he hit a light pole. Police said the driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
The crash occurred before 6 a.m. Sunday morning.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona court again upholds $30M jury award for death in pursuit crash
- Multiple people injured in school bus rollover crash in West Valley
- Woman rescued after spending six days in desert after car crash
- Crash on Interstate 10 in Goodyear causes long backup during rush hour
- Arizona highway trooper faces wrong-way driver head-on to make stop