Woman accidentally destroys $200,000 of art while taking a selfie
Have you ever tried to take a selfie and, in the process, accidentally knocked over six figures worth of art? Neither have we.
But you can check that feat off the list for one woman who fell down as she was attempting to, apparently, kneel down in front of some art to take a selfie. Her fall caused her to start a domino effect of pedestals knocking into each other, causing the pieces of art resting on top to break.
The incident occurred at a gallery in Los Angeles for the art of Simon Birch, according to the New York Times. Birch said the cost of the art was about $200,000.
The art was placed in a way that a domino effect would be costly, but still — this is probably a blunder that nobody saw coming.
- Arizona state senator recovering after collision with drunk driver in Phoenix
- 3 children among injured in collision near downtown Phoenix
- Motorcycle wreck brings Loop 101 East to standstill in Phoenix
- Phoenix police association to hold fundraising cookout for injured officer
- Police looking to charge 14-year-old boy in deadly car accident in Phoenix