ADOT to reconstruct traffic interchanges at two spots on I-17
PHOENIX — Interstate 17 in Phoenix has been undergoing a lot of construction recently for asphalt resurfacing.
Work on the freeway is going to continue according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
ADOT and the Federal Highway Administration have initiated a project to reconstruct traffic interchanges on I-17 at Happy Valley and Pinnacle Peak roads, the department announced.
Work on the Happy Valley Road interchange will include removing the existing roundabouts, replacing them with a diverging diamond interchange and constructing a new underpass bridge.
Similar developments are going to be made at the Pinnacle Peak Road interchange, with construction of retaining walls on the agenda, as well.
Construction is scheduled to begin in the fall of 2018 and last about 20 months, ADOT said.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Settlement of Arizona border case, but another goes to trial
- Snow reaches southeast Arizona as storms stretch into another day
- 1 killed, 3 injured in hit-and-run crash in central Phoenix
- Loop 101 closure, I-10 restriction planned this weekend
- Salud! Mark National Margarita Day at these Phoenix-area spots