ADOT to reconstruct traffic interchanges at two spots on I-17
PHOENIX — Interstate 17 in Phoenix has been undergoing a lot of construction recently for asphalt resurfacing.
Work on the freeway is going to continue according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
ADOT and the Federal Highway Administration have initiated a project to reconstruct traffic interchanges on I-17 at Happy Valley and Pinnacle Peak roads, the department announced.
Work on the Happy Valley Road interchange will include removing the existing roundabouts, replacing them with a diverging diamond interchange and constructing a new underpass bridge.
Similar developments are going to be made at the Pinnacle Peak Road interchange, with construction of retaining walls on the agenda, as well.
Construction is scheduled to begin in the fall of 2018 and last about 20 months, ADOT said.
- Arizona to see $7.4 million to beef up elections system
- Report finds Arizona making slow progress toward education goals
- NFL lineman Richie Incognito arrested at Scottsdale funeral home
- Arizona teachers turning to Airbnb to boost their income, survey finds
- US plan for coal power deregulation could cause more deaths