ADOT to reconstruct traffic interchanges at two spots on I-17
PHOENIX — Interstate 17 in Phoenix has been undergoing a lot of construction recently for asphalt resurfacing.
Work on the freeway is going to continue according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
ADOT and the Federal Highway Administration have initiated a project to reconstruct traffic interchanges on I-17 at Happy Valley and Pinnacle Peak roads, the department announced.
Work on the Happy Valley Road interchange will include removing the existing roundabouts, replacing them with a diverging diamond interchange and constructing a new underpass bridge.
Similar developments are going to be made at the Pinnacle Peak Road interchange, with construction of retaining walls on the agenda, as well.
Construction is scheduled to begin in the fall of 2018 and last about 20 months, ADOT said.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona stories from President’s Day weekend
- Mark Kelly calls for gun control legislation after Florida shooting
- Meghan McCain shares photo of Sen. John McCain at Arizona home
- Storm expected to slam Arizona high country with strong wind
- Arizona landmarks make list of must-see attractions in North America