I-10 ramps to I-17 will be closed in Phoenix this weekend
PHOENIX — Transitioning from one interstate to the other will be a bit trickier than usual in Phoenix this weekend.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced Thursday that the ramps from Interstate 10 to Interstate 17 will be closed Friday night through Monday morning.
The announcement came with other scheduled freeway construction plans for July 14-17.
ADOT said people should consider alternate routes when using the freeways this weekend, and to pay close attention to the travel advisory.
- All east- and westbound I-10 ramps to I-17 (both directions) at the “Stack” interchange will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for rubberized asphalt resurfacing. However, all I-17 ramps connecting to I-10 at the Stack will remain open.
- Northbound I-17 will be narrowed to one lane between Thomas and Bethany Home roads from 10 p.m. Friday to 8 p.m. Saturday for rubberized asphalt paving.
- Southbound I-17 will be narrowed to one lane between Seventh Street and the I-10 “Split” interchange near Sky Harbor International Airport from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday for freeway lighting maintenance. Eastbound I-10 ramp to northbound I-17 near the airport will also be closed that same night.
- Glendale Avenue will be closed near Loop 101 from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday for pavement improvements. Traffic using Loop 101 off-ramps will not have access to eastbound Glendale Avenue.
For additional freeway-restriction information, click here.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona court again upholds $30M jury award for death in pursuit crash
- Arizona schools chief says student safety goes beyond armed officers
- ‘Stop Phx Police Violence’ banner removed from Phoenix overpass
- Study: Phoenix second-best spot for retirees with wanderlust
- Suspected Arizona bar shooter had no criminal record; motive a mystery