2 killed in rollover wreck on Phoenix-area freeway
PHOENIX — Two people were killed Thursday morning in a rollover accident on a Phoenix-area freeway.
The single-car crash shut down State Route 87 north of Gilbert Road in Scottsdale before dawn. The closure lasted a few hours.
Authorities said a male driver and a female passenger died. Three others in the car were taken to a hospital with injuries that weren’t considered life-threatening.
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) July 13, 2017
A spokesman for the Arizona Department of Public Safety said the car crossed the median, then rolled.
The Beeline Highway reopened around 8:30 a.m.
- Gov. Doug Ducey heading to White House for border security event
- Scottsdale rated second-best city in country for retirement
- Ex-Phoenix Sun Tom Chambers allegedly involved in Scottsdale fight
- Head of Phoenix DEA says opioid epidemic ‘has not yet peaked’
- Scottsdale Unified School District suspends search for superintendent