2 killed in rollover wreck on Phoenix-area freeway
PHOENIX — Two people were killed Thursday morning in a rollover accident on a Phoenix-area freeway.
The single-car crash shut down State Route 87 north of Gilbert Road in Scottsdale before dawn. The closure lasted a few hours.
Authorities said a male driver and a female passenger died. Three others in the car were taken to a hospital with injuries that weren’t considered life-threatening.
— Arizona DOT (@ArizonaDOT) July 13, 2017
A spokesman for the Arizona Department of Public Safety said the car crossed the median, then rolled.
The Beeline Highway reopened around 8:30 a.m.
- Hearing called off for Phoenix-area man accused in 9 shooting deaths
- Analysis suggests Phoenix needs more firefighters, would cost $30M to hire
- Truck hit by GOP train was on tracks after warning
- Arizona resolution that would have allowed teen legislators fails to pass
- Arizona leads nation in proportion of female farmers