One of the most astute observers of our politics, Republican political consultant and all-around political guru Chuck Coughlin, is our guest in the Think Tank this week. He provides us with definitive and authoritative answers to each of the following:
• Republicans in Congress are in a fix. For seven years they have promised to repeal Obamacare first thing. Now they’ve discovered that taking away health insurance from 23 million Americans is extremely unpopular. What do they do?
• Do the Democrats need a positive message to win? Or will just being anti-Trump be good enough? Before you answer, consider that just being anti-Obama worked out pretty well for the Republicans.
• Where is the President Donald Trump/Russia investigation likely to go?
• How should we handle North Korea? All our options seem bad.
• Finally, what about Arizona? There seems to be a groundswell of support for increased education funding. Gov. Doug Ducey was elected on a reduce taxes every year platform. How can he balance these two imperatives?