Main Street Minute: Water park to offer service members free holiday admission
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• A popular Valley water park is offering free admission over the Fourth of July holiday weekend to some very special customers. Saturday through through Tuesday at Wet ‘n’ Wild , veterans, active military and first responders get into the park at no cost, and up to six immediate family members get half off. Valid ID or badge is required. The park is near 43rd Avenue and Pinnacle Peak Road in Glendale.
• A local resort is celebrating its 40th anniversary by getting a face lift. The Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort’s $8½ million renovation includes updates to its more than 200 guest suites and meeting space. The Phoenix Business Journal reports the project is expected to wrap up in September.
• A ride-sharing company is launching two luxury services Friday in 16 cities, including metro Phoenix. Passengers who request a Lyft Lux ride can expect a 2011 model or newer vehicle in great condition, with a high-end leather and black interior. Lyft Lux SUV service is also available.
- Mark Shoen named richest person in the history of Arizona
- Red for Ed supporters, teachers gather in Surprise for rally
- This jelly bean flavor is the favorite for Arizona candy lovers
- Southwest Cajun Fest brings Louisiana flavor to Chandler Park
- Campfire restrictions begin for parts of Coconino National Forest