PHOENIX — The northbound lanes of the Interstate 17 north of Black Canyon City were closed Wednesday afternoon due to a crash, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The freeway reopened at about 5:30 with the left lane remaining closed.
The closure was said to be at Sunset Point, a rest stop area approximately 10 miles north of Black Canyon City and about an hour north of Phoenix by car.
Daisy Mountain Fire announced via Twitter that the closure was due to a crash near mile post 252.
- Man arrested in Black Canyon City with explosive devices
- ADOT begins wrong-way vehicle detection project on I-17, closures set
- Wrong-way accident shuts down Interstate 17 near Phoenix
- Propane truck fire shuts down Interstate 17 near Black Canyon City
- Another I-10 closure scheduled for work on South Mountain Freeway