Rollover crash closes northbound Interstate 17 north of Phoenix
PHOENIX — The northbound lanes of the Interstate 17 north of Black Canyon City were closed Wednesday afternoon due to a crash, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The freeway reopened at about 5:30 with the left lane remaining closed.
The closure was said to be at Sunset Point, a rest stop area approximately 10 miles north of Black Canyon City and about an hour north of Phoenix by car.
Daisy Mountain Fire announced via Twitter that the closure was due to a crash near mile post 252.
- Crash on I-17 southbound leaves one woman dead, five children injured
- Ramps along Interstate 17 in Phoenix to be closed overnight this week
- Car accident causes 10-mile backup on Interstate 17 north of Phoenix
- Interstate 17 bridge damage restricts traffic in central Phoenix
- Fatal car crashes up in Arizona, drunk driving-related accidents decrease