Rollover crash closes northbound Interstate 17 north of Phoenix
PHOENIX — The northbound lanes of the Interstate 17 north of Black Canyon City were closed Wednesday afternoon due to a crash, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The freeway reopened at about 5:30 with the left lane remaining closed.
The closure was said to be at Sunset Point, a rest stop area approximately 10 miles north of Black Canyon City and about an hour north of Phoenix by car.
Daisy Mountain Fire announced via Twitter that the closure was due to a crash near mile post 252.
- I-10 near downtown Phoenix to be closed overnight on Dec. 8 weekend
- I-17 named one of the most dangerous highways in the US
- Interstate 17 near downtown Phoenix to be restricted over Nov. 17 weekend
- Police looking to charge 14-year-old boy in deadly car accident in Phoenix
- Just 1 Phoenix-area freeway to be restricted over Veterans Day weekend