Rollover crash closes northbound Interstate 17 north of Phoenix
PHOENIX — The northbound lanes of the Interstate 17 north of Black Canyon City were closed Wednesday afternoon due to a crash, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The freeway reopened at about 5:30 with the left lane remaining closed.
The closure was said to be at Sunset Point, a rest stop area approximately 10 miles north of Black Canyon City and about an hour north of Phoenix by car.
Daisy Mountain Fire announced via Twitter that the closure was due to a crash near mile post 252.
- Here are the Phoenix-area freeway restrictions for Feb. 23 weekend
- Rock removal to temporarily close part of Interstate 17 north of Phoenix
- Two Arizona DPS employees injured in I-17 crash; Suspect in custody
- Car chase across Phoenix ends in rollover crash, injuring 6
- Where is Santa? NORAD continues 62-year tradition on Christmas Eve