Rollover crash closes northbound Interstate 17 north of Phoenix
PHOENIX — The northbound lanes of the Interstate 17 north of Black Canyon City were closed Wednesday afternoon due to a crash, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The freeway reopened at about 5:30 with the left lane remaining closed.
The closure was said to be at Sunset Point, a rest stop area approximately 10 miles north of Black Canyon City and about an hour north of Phoenix by car.
Daisy Mountain Fire announced via Twitter that the closure was due to a crash near mile post 252.
- Nightly closures of I-17 in northern Arizona to begin Tuesday
- Jackknifed truck slows drivers on Interstate 17 in Phoenix
- Semi rolls over, accident closes Interstate 17 at Loop 101
- Part of Interstate 17 in north Phoenix reopens after vehicle fire
- Police situation forces closure of I-17 in Phoenix during rush hour