Main Street Minute: Education company hosting 2-day job fair
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Kaleidoscope Education Solutions is hosting a two-day job fair starting Wednesday in Phoenix. The private education company is looking for certified elementary school and special education teachers, school psychologists and speech-language pathologists. The event is scheduled to run from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. near 23rd and Northern avenues.
• Bank of America has announced it’s doling out nearly $800,000 in economic mobility grants to almost three dozen Valley nonprofits. The 34 organizations receiving funding connect youth to full-time jobs, give young adults paths to employment and help people rebuild their careers and lives. Groups getting grants include A New Leaf, Arizona Women’s Education & Employment, Aguila Youth Leadership, Boys & Girls Clubs, Central Arizona Shelter Services, Chicanos Por La Causa, Southwest Autism Research and Resource Center and Valley of the Sun United Way.
- Phoenix-area Starbucks turns away teen on horse in drive-thru
- Ex-radio host Keillor hopes sex harassment charges will fade
- Head of Scottsdale company surprises first-ever employee with Tesla
- Three Arizona restaurants make Yelp’s top-100 places to eat list
- Waymo to start charging Phoenix-area riders who use its driverless cars