PHOENIX — One of her most famous songs may be “Whenever, Wherever,” but fans will know exactly where Grammy Award winner Shakira is when she brings her world tour to Phoenix.
The singer is scheduled to perform at Talking Stick Resort Arena in downtown Phoenix on Feb. 3 as part of her El Dorado World Tour.
“I can’t wait to be onstage again singing along with all of you, all of your favorites and mine,” Shakira said in a press release. “It’s going to be fun! The road to El Dorado starts now!”
The tour was announced shortly after her 11th studio album, “El Dorado,” was released. It hit the top spot in 37 countries.
“Thank you all so much for listening to my music in so many places around the world,” she said in the release.
Tickets for the Phoenix show went on sale Tuesday to fans with a Citi credit card. Several other presales — including one through Facebook and another through Live Nation — will take place this week.
Remaining tickets will go on sale to the public on Friday at 10 a.m.
Shakira’s tour begins Nov. 8 in Germany. For those who can’t make the Phoenix date — and don’t feel like flying to Europe — she is scheduled to play a little closer to Arizona on Feb. 1 in Los Angeles and Feb. 6 in Anaheim, California.
- Phoenix’s main library will be shut down for nearly a year
- Main Street Minute: Barbecue spot to open in downtown Phoenix
- Veteran linguist becomes professor at University of Arizona
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- Glasses ready! Arizona spots hosting solar eclipse viewing events