Main Street Minute: Mesa barbecue restaurant expanding to Gilbert
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• An East Valley barbecue joint is expanding. Mesa-based Waldo’s BBQ will open a site in Gilbert in September, the Phoenix Business Journal reports. The restaurant will be near Williams Field Road and
Val Vista Drive. There are two express location in Phoenix.
• Job seekers in sales, business development, marketing, retail and sales management or customer service should head over to a gathering Tuesday in Phoenix. Hiring managers will be at the Holiday Inn Phoenix airport near 48th Street and University Drive from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. to meet with potential employees.
• IASIS Healthcare Multi-specialty Clinic is hosting a free core training seminar Tuesday in Phoenix. The health service company said the session will be based on a performance health training program used by the Phoenix Suns. It starts at 6 p.m. at the Talking Stick Resort Arena parking lot at Third and Jefferson streets.
- Celebrate National Donut Day with the Valley’s most drool-inducing treats
- Arizona effort to tax rich draws concerns from business advocates
- Arizona Chamber explores business opportunities in Israel
- Thousands of Arizona businesses still haven’t renewed sales tax license
- Lights festival outside of Phoenix to begin after being postponed in October