PHOENIX — A Silver Alert has been canceled for a newcomer who wandered away from her Phoenix home. She was found safe Tuesday morning.
Authorities said Maria Luisa Calderon, 49, had gone missing Monday afternoon and was last seen near 19th Avenue and McDowell Road.
She lives near 23rd and Campbell avenues.
Her family said Calderon often has seizures that hurt her memory. She also is on medication for other conditions.
Calderon recently moved here from Texas and is still unfamiliar with the Valley.
She was being treated at a hospital as a precaution.
- President Donald Trump to visit Yuma on Tuesday
- ASU bringing Amazon’s ‘Alexa’ into classes, new dorm
- Tempe’s Carvana ranked top-50 in America’s fastest-growing companies
- Arizona Rep. Trent Franks believes Trump will pardon Arpaio, supports it
- Phoenix’s main library will be shut down for nearly a year