Silver Alert canceled, Phoenix woman with medical conditions found
PHOENIX — A Silver Alert has been canceled for a newcomer who wandered away from her Phoenix home. She was found safe Tuesday morning.
Authorities said Maria Luisa Calderon, 49, had gone missing Monday afternoon and was last seen near 19th Avenue and McDowell Road.
She lives near 23rd and Campbell avenues.
Her family said Calderon often has seizures that hurt her memory. She also is on medication for other conditions.
Calderon recently moved here from Texas and is still unfamiliar with the Valley.
She was being treated at a hospital as a precaution.
- This neighborhood has fastest rising rents, home values in Phoenix area
- Arizona has second-highest growth rate in US for Alzheimer’s diagnoses
- Arizona high court won’t block vote on school voucher law
- Arizona restaurants saw highest revenues in US during spring break
- Mesa community medicine program shutters due to lack of funding