Silver Alert canceled, Phoenix woman with medical conditions found
PHOENIX — A Silver Alert has been canceled for a newcomer who wandered away from her Phoenix home. She was found safe Tuesday morning.
Authorities said Maria Luisa Calderon, 49, had gone missing Monday afternoon and was last seen near 19th Avenue and McDowell Road.
She lives near 23rd and Campbell avenues.
Her family said Calderon often has seizures that hurt her memory. She also is on medication for other conditions.
Calderon recently moved here from Texas and is still unfamiliar with the Valley.
She was being treated at a hospital as a precaution.
- Sen. John McCain reflects on brain cancer diagnosis on ’60 Minutes’
- Crash causes closure of eastbound Interstate 10 at I-17 in Phoenix
- Phoenix Sky Harbor ties for third-best ‘mega airport’ satisfaction rating
- Scientists: Desert turtle earns endangered status, 100 left in Arizona
- Georgia man is accused of harassing a judge in Phoenix