Sky Harbor’s Sky Train gets approval for $100 million extension
PHOENIX — The city of Phoenix has approved a project to extend the Sky Train at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport, according to KJZZ.
Their report states that an extension costing $99.6 million will add rail from Terminal 3 to the rental car center.
That extension will feature two new stations and the partial construction of a third station, realignment of Sky Harbor Circle, a ramp from I-10 eastbound to Sky Harbor Boulevard and some road maintenance and construction.
This video from Phoenix Sky Harbor’s YouTube channel depicts a model of the extension.
The Sky Train takes passengers to different parts of the Sky Harbor area and can take passengers to and from the Metro Light Rail stop at 44th Street and Washington Street in Phoenix.
- Study shows Phoenix is most stressed city in Arizona, Scottsdale the least
- Canned food structures on display for Phoenix ‘Canstruction’ competition
- Phoenix expected to see 118 degree temperatures next week
- Closures, restrictions of I-10 in Phoenix to continue this weekend
- Phoenix officer in critical condition after Cave Creek car crash