Sky Harbor’s Sky Train gets approval for $100 million extension
PHOENIX — The city of Phoenix has approved a project to extend the Sky Train at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport, according to KJZZ.
Their report states that an extension costing $99.6 million will add rail from Terminal 3 to the rental car center.
That extension will feature two new stations and the partial construction of a third station, realignment of Sky Harbor Circle, a ramp from I-10 eastbound to Sky Harbor Boulevard and some road maintenance and construction.
This video from Phoenix Sky Harbor’s YouTube channel depicts a model of the extension.
The Sky Train takes passengers to different parts of the Sky Harbor area and can take passengers to and from the Metro Light Rail stop at 44th Street and Washington Street in Phoenix.
- Protesters for March for Our Lives take to the streets of Phoenix
- Utah couple gives birth to quintuplets at Phoenix hospital
- Another I-10 ramp to close for South Mountain Freeway construction
- Crash shuts down part of US 93, slows traffic between Phoenix and Las Vegas
- This neighborhood has fastest rising rents, home values in Phoenix area