PHOENIX — The Interstate 10 near the Arizona-New Mexico border has reopened after closing due to blowing dust, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The closure was just east of Wilcox, Ariz., and ADOT advised travelers to take a detour via highways 191 and 70.
Wilcox is approximately three hours from Phoenix by car and about one hour from the New Mexico border.
Earlier this week, six people died in a crash during a dust storm near that same stretch of the I-10. Five of the six victims died at the scene. Among those killed was a 9-month-old girl from Phoenix, who was traveling with her parents.
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Grand Canyon University makes list of top 10 college campuses in country
- Andre the dog’s abuser yet to be found [REBROADCAST OF 12/3/2012]
- John McCain spends time outdoors with Lieberman, Graham
- President Donald Trump to visit Yuma on Tuesday