Trailer released for movie about Boston Marathon bombing victim
The trailer for “Stronger,” a movie in which Jake Gyllenhaal plays a survivor of the Boston Marathon bombing of 2013, has been released.
The blasts killed three and the injuries were estimated in the hundreds. Some of the injured people suffered amputation of limbs. Gyllenhaal will star in Stronger as Jeff, a bombing victim who loses both of his legs.
“Gyllenhaal stars as Jeff, a 27-year-old, working-class Boston man who was at the marathon to try and win back his ex-girlfriend Erin,” the trailer’s description reads. “Waiting for her at the finish line when the blast occurs, he loses both his legs in the attack.
“After regaining consciousness in the hospital, Jeff is able to help law enforcement identify one of the bombers, but his own battle has just begun.”
Gyllenhaal has starred in films like “Nightcrawler,” “The Day After Tomorrow,” “Southpaw” and more. The release date for “Stronger” is set for September 22.
- New Zealand couple offered free trip to Norway in new marketing campaign
- Video of dog retrieving football tees for Boise State goes viral
- Explorer documents month-long journey at sea in YouTube video
- YouTube prankster picks up girls in toy car at Arizona State University
- Dog can’t contain itself after owners surprise her with new bed