Trailer released for movie about Boston Marathon bombing victim
The trailer for “Stronger,” a movie in which Jake Gyllenhaal plays a survivor of the Boston Marathon bombing of 2013, has been released.
The blasts killed three and the injuries were estimated in the hundreds. Some of the injured people suffered amputation of limbs. Gyllenhaal will star in Stronger as Jeff, a bombing victim who loses both of his legs.
“Gyllenhaal stars as Jeff, a 27-year-old, working-class Boston man who was at the marathon to try and win back his ex-girlfriend Erin,” the trailer’s description reads. “Waiting for her at the finish line when the blast occurs, he loses both his legs in the attack.
“After regaining consciousness in the hospital, Jeff is able to help law enforcement identify one of the bombers, but his own battle has just begun.”
Gyllenhaal has starred in films like “Nightcrawler,” “The Day After Tomorrow,” “Southpaw” and more. The release date for “Stronger” is set for September 22.
- Video shows an in-depth look at the making of iconic travel trailer
- Mobile laundry trailer for homeless people launches in East Valley
- YouTube video shows off epic self-direction campaign
- Written math equation recreates famous ‘Star Wars’ theme song
- Ikea asks pregnant women to pee on magazine ad for discount