Main Street Minute: Vig restaurant chain sells central Phoenix site
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The owners of a local restaurant chain just sold one of its locations. AZ Big Media reports the Vig Fillmore near Seventh Avenue and Van Buren Street in Phoenix has been sold for more than $2 milion. Vig ownership, which has other Valley locations, will lease back the property for now, so it’s not going anywhere.
• Empire Southwest has more than 60 openings for mechanical and diesel technicians, welders, machinists and more. The Caterpillar dealership is holding a job fair Saturday in Mesa from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at company headquarters near Country Club Drive and Baseline Road.
• Arizona utility company SRP recently awarded more than $125,000 to more than a dozen Valley schools. The grant money will help fund projects ranging from robotics to lab equipment.
- Silver Alert canceled after missing Surprise man found
- Mountain Pointe teacher helping students at risk gets KTAR News award
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Phoenix ranks best city in nation for fall weather, survey finds
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports