Main Street Minute: Vig restaurant chain sells central Phoenix site
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The owners of a local restaurant chain just sold one of its locations. AZ Big Media reports the Vig Fillmore near Seventh Avenue and Van Buren Street in Phoenix has been sold for more than $2 milion. Vig ownership, which has other Valley locations, will lease back the property for now, so it’s not going anywhere.
• Empire Southwest has more than 60 openings for mechanical and diesel technicians, welders, machinists and more. The Caterpillar dealership is holding a job fair Saturday in Mesa from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at company headquarters near Country Club Drive and Baseline Road.
• Arizona utility company SRP recently awarded more than $125,000 to more than a dozen Valley schools. The grant money will help fund projects ranging from robotics to lab equipment.
- Vietnam veteran involved in dispute over Military Honor Park in Coolidge
- Natural gas explosion might be to blame for Phoenix church collapse
- Fallen federal law enforcement officers honored in Phoenix ceremony
- Phoenix to sue feds over proposed citizenship question on Census
- Phoenix-based fashion brand picked to create artwork for Epcot exhibition