Main Street Minute: Vig restaurant chain sells central Phoenix site
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• The owners of a local restaurant chain just sold one of its locations. AZ Big Media reports the Vig Fillmore near Seventh Avenue and Van Buren Street in Phoenix has been sold for more than $2 milion. Vig ownership, which has other Valley locations, will lease back the property for now, so it’s not going anywhere.
• Empire Southwest has more than 60 openings for mechanical and diesel technicians, welders, machinists and more. The Caterpillar dealership is holding a job fair Saturday in Mesa from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at company headquarters near Country Club Drive and Baseline Road.
• Arizona utility company SRP recently awarded more than $125,000 to more than a dozen Valley schools. The grant money will help fund projects ranging from robotics to lab equipment.
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists
- Amazon sends Phoenix area some love in form of electronics to schools
- Scottsdale’s Beat the Heat race to return in June after five-year hiatus
- Phoenix high school student arrested for bringing loaded gun on campus