GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK, Ariz. — Authorities said a man has been found dead at Grand Canyon National Park after apparently shooting himself.
Park rangers received a call about a possible shooting at Hopi Point on the canyon’s South Rim shortly before 1 p.m. Tuesday.
They responded to the scene and reported finding an unidentified man with what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Rangers said the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Authorities said the incident is being investigated by the National Park Service.
- Protests break out, tear gas deployed in Phoenix following Trump rally
- Arizona congressman says President Donald Trump is ‘clearly a racist’
- Online campaign ad from Jeff Flake starts hitting back at Kelli Ward
- 2 Phoenix-area teens accused of making online threats against school
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border