This isn’t, but should be, the top story on the news.
Actually, it’s barely being reported at all.
The day before Robert Mueller was named special council in the Russia investigation, President Donald Trump interviewed him for the open position of FBI director.
Certainly, Mueller was already having discussions to be named special council. This isn’t an appointment and decision that goes from initial contact to public announcement overnight.
There’s no question that when Mueller met with Trump and he had knowledge that he’d soon be investigating the president.
If Trump knew Mueller was going to be named special council the next day, it means Trump had a one-on-one, secret conversation with the guy who was going to be in charge of the investigation into his administration.
If Trump was not aware Mueller was going to be named special council the next day, it means Mueller went into a secret, one-on-one meeting with the person who is the primary target of the investigation he will lead. And the president met with the person who would be investigating him with no legal representation.
Every American should be outraged. No matter how you look at politics, every possible explanation of this meeting is improper.
- GOP: Trump could visit Mexico border during Phoenix rally visit next week
- Mayor asks Trump to delay Phoenix rally after Charlottesville violence
- Trump ends business councils after slew of CEOs drop out
- Former DHS official: Trump admin empowering white supremacists
- McCain, Flake criticize President Trump’s comments on Charlottesville