Main Street Minute: Sushi place in Scottsdale is hiring
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Obon Sushi Bar Ramen is kicking off a weeklong hiring event Monday as it gets ready to open a location in Scottsdale. The restaurant is hiring for all positions, including sushi chef, bartender, cooks, kitchen supervisor and servers. The job fair runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Scottsdale Quarter.
• A local nonprofit has launched an assistance program for kids with cancer. Singleton Moms is offering financial support, toiletries, household items and support groups for pediatric cancer patients who live with a single parent.
• Toyota Financial Services has more than 50 full-time openings for customer service at its Chandler center. Starting pay is $16 an hour. Open positions include customer service representatives, collections and customer loyalty advocates.
- Website: Tucson ranks in top five for best places for riding bicycles
- Students use Craigslist to put Scottsdale high school up for sale
- Study shows Arizona cities among the least fit in the nation
- 74-year-old woman to participate in ‘hottest race on Earth’ in Scottsdale
- China’s new recycling policies could financially hurt Arizona cities