KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Obon Sushi Bar Ramen is kicking off a weeklong hiring event Monday as it gets ready to open a location in Scottsdale. The restaurant is hiring for all positions, including sushi chef, bartender, cooks, kitchen supervisor and servers. The job fair runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Scottsdale Quarter.
• A local nonprofit has launched an assistance program for kids with cancer. Singleton Moms is offering financial support, toiletries, household items and support groups for pediatric cancer patients who live with a single parent.
• Toyota Financial Services has more than 50 full-time openings for customer service at its Chandler center. Starting pay is $16 an hour. Open positions include customer service representatives, collections and customer loyalty advocates.
- Main Street Minute: Barbecue spot to open in downtown Phoenix
- Theme park resort villages approved for development near Phoenix
- Teens plead guilty in Nazi vandalism of menorah at Chandler home
- Scottsdale schools keeping kids inside to protect eyes during solar eclipse
- Main Street Minute: Glendale health care campus giving out eclipse glasses