Hilarious memes to get a laugh as Phoenix roasts in a heat wave
PHOENIX — In case you haven’t heard, it has been brutally hot outside in the Valley.
If you’ve ever been through a Phoenix heat wave, you might be familiar with the desire to use an oven mitt while driving or just not leave the house altogether.
Fortunately, some had the good sense to laugh about it. But not too much, because no one needs to be more sweaty than we already are.
Here are some of our favorite heat-related memes from this week. We’ll comment on them a bit, but we need to get a big glass of ice water first.
The fun started on Twitter, where people referenced classics such as “The Sandlot” and “King of the Hill.”
But it wasn’t just Twitter that was in on the fun. We found great stuff on a lot of other sites, including Reddit, Pinterest and, weirdly, Google Plus (which we still didn’t know was, like, a thing).
After putting you through all those, you deserve a reward. How about a panda eating a popsicle?
You’re welcome. Now stay cool out there.
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Latinos in Arizona spent $42B on consumer goods in 2016, study finds
- Phoenix ranks best city in nation for fall weather, survey finds
- Arizona tourism office, Chicago Cubs team up to bring Chicagoans to Valley
- Arizona-built spacecraft to slingshot around Earth on Friday