Main Street Minute: Phoenix nonprofit offers free job-training program
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Local nonprofit Year Up Arizona wants 120 young adults to take part in a yearlong free job training program in technical and professional fields, inclduing software development. The training are for low income 18-to-24-year-olds who don’t have a college degree. The program guarantees a six-month internship at a top company, a weekly stipend and college credits.
• Financial services company Fiserv is hiring in the Valley. Open positions include performance analyst, client executive and customer service supervisor. Applications are available online.
- For fifth year in a row, organ donations in Arizona on the rise
- ‘Safety corridors’ along Arizona freeways saw fewer crashes in 2017
- 80-year-old accused of Tucson bank robbery has decades-old record
- Arizona education gets low marks on annual report card
- Schweikert aggravated with Senate as government shutdown looms