Scottsdale pastor offers advice for dad ahead of Father’s Day
PHOENIX — A Scottsdale pastor said a father supporting his family is a hard role, but there’s more to being called Dad than that.
“There’s a lot of different roles as a father — most often time’s people think of the provider,” Christ Church of the Valley pastor Travis Brown said.
Brown, a father and former NFL quarterback, said it’s important fathers have a positive emotional impact on their children.
“Providing is part of it, support is part of it,” he said. “But being the example of what a real man should be … and you can go through the gauntlet of that: character and honesty, and hard work and discipline [and] love.”
Brown said he gives every father the same advice:
“I always tell dads this, ‘Like it or not, you’re a leader,'” he said. “‘People are going to follow you.’
“’So you can either lead people to a really negative direction and they can have that experience as their dad, or you can lead them in a really positive direction.’”
- New year, new diet: Here’s how parents can stay healthy in 2018
- Legally Speaking: Arizona court ruling a win for same-sex parents
- Too much screen time for kids can lead to speech development delays
- Eleven tips for helping your kids tackle their homework assignments
- Study: Men feel equal struggle balancing work and family