Northbound I-17 portion to be closed over weekend in Phoenix
PHOENIX — Valley drivers will have to make special plans to avoid Northbound Interstate 17 this weekend.
Well, at least a portion of it.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced Thursday their freeway travel advisory for June 16-19.
ADOT recommends drivers consider alternate routes to avoid delays around these areas:
NB I-17 will be closed between 19th Avenue and Thomas Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for final lane striping on new rubberized asphalt pavement. Both Interstate 10 ramps to NB I-17 at the “Stack” interchange will be closed, as will the NB I-17 ramps to I-10.
Eastbound U.S. 60 left two lanes will be closed between Dobson Road and Mesa Drive from 7 p.m. Saturday to 7 a.m. Sunday for overhead message board improvements.
Additional freeway restriction information will be posted here, under ADOT News.
- Main Street Minute: Job fair in Mesa lines up tech and banking managers
- Court keeps ban on new mining claims around Grand Canyon
- Phoenix may officially rename Broadway Road after MLK Jr.
- Former Phoenix officer, wife charged, not arrested in daughter’s death
- Ex-Maricopa County sheriff’s sergeant settles suit that alleges retaliation