PHOENIX — Valley drivers will have to make special plans to avoid Northbound Interstate 17 this weekend.
Well, at least a portion of it.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced Thursday their freeway travel advisory for June 16-19.
ADOT recommends drivers consider alternate routes to avoid delays around these areas:
NB I-17 will be closed between 19th Avenue and Thomas Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for final lane striping on new rubberized asphalt pavement. Both Interstate 10 ramps to NB I-17 at the “Stack” interchange will be closed, as will the NB I-17 ramps to I-10.
Eastbound U.S. 60 left two lanes will be closed between Dobson Road and Mesa Drive from 7 p.m. Saturday to 7 a.m. Sunday for overhead message board improvements.
Additional freeway restriction information will be posted here, under ADOT News.
- Trump’s NAFTA termination comment falls flat with Arizona business leaders
- Report: Trump met with Flake’s prospective primary opponents at Phoenix rally
- Protester at Trump rally arrested after threatening Phoenix police
- Opinions split after Trump protest in downtown Phoenix
- Arpaio felt Trump would defy advisers, grant pardon at Phoenix rally