PHOENIX — It’s important to be aware of what to do if you are suddenly hit by a monsoon in the Valley.
Sure, it’s easy enough to say those things and to put together a general plan, but after seeing this video released by the Arizona Department of Transportation, a very specific plan is needed with how little time you will have to react.
And that plan is needed now, as monsoon season starts Thursday.
ADOT created a time-lapse of a car driving down a freeway with nothing much to worry about in the horizon. Suddenly, a monsoon envelopes the sky and shortly makes the clear visibility for the driver go to near-zero.
With their slogan “Pull Aside Stay Alive” for Arizona Monsoon Week, Valley drivers should do exactly that as quickly and safely as possible.
- Opinion: Five things to watch for during Trump’s Phoenix rally
- Online campaign ad from Jeff Flake starts hitting back at Kelli Ward
- Phoenix residents hope to save Chinese Cultural Center with online petition
- 2 Phoenix-area teens accused of making online threats against school
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border