Tucson doctor to again challenge Rep. Martha McSally for Congress
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — A Tucson physician says he’ll challenge U.S. Rep. Martha McSally again for the Arizona Congressional District 2 seat.
Dr. Matt Heinz announced Tuesday that he’s entering the race for next year’s election.
Heinz got 43 percent of the vote in November 2016, but McSally won a second term in her Tucson-area swing district.
In a statement, Heinz says the district needs a change in leadership and the Republican McSally “has been too busy circling the wagons” around President Donald Trump.
Heinz is a Democrat who works as an emergency room physician.
At least six other candidates have already announced their campaign to seek the Democratic nomination in the 2nd Congressional District.
- Three Arizona comic book stores among top 20 in nation
- Tempe Municipal Court judge arrested for allegedly stabbing wife 10 times
- Phoenix-area mayors ready to join forces to land Amazon headquarters
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Book tells stories of retired numbers of Arizona high school athletes