PHOENIX — A police officer came to the rescue after a dog fell into Lake Michigan and couldn’t get out, and the officer’s great timing was caught on video.
According to the Chicago Tribune, a rookie police officer named Juan Farris was responding to an accident on Lake Shore Drive when the dog fell into the water. He had reportedly gotten loose from one of the vehicles involved in the wreck.
“(He) kept trying to get water out of the lake and fell into the lake. I heard the splash. Once I heard, I turned over, I saw him swimming, just went over there and grabbed him,” Farris told the Tribune.
The officers weren’t sure who the dog belonged to. In a Facebook post, officers are seen posing with the animal.
- Watch as Phoenix firefighters reunite woman, dog after house fire
- This crowd is delightfully shocked by Blue Angels at Chicago Air and Water Show
- Husky howls every time he’s told to get in the back seat
- This dog absolutely demands to watch the ‘Despacito’ music video
- Police officer saves dog trapped in Mesa canal