Campus police at the University of Arizona shut down the main library and a nearby learning center Tuesday morning to investigate suspicious activity.
A Tucson TV news report said “threatening graffiti” was discovered on a wall, prompting the closure.
Police reopened the area shortly before 10 a.m.
The library, at Fourth Street and Cherry Avenue is close to the football team’s Arizona Stadium and the men’s basketball team home court, McKale Center.
According to a university webpage, summer session is underway.
- Judge adopts deal between Arizona electric firm and groups
- Peoria firefighter to receive national award for bravery
- Widow of Arizona fireman wants law to require training for bouncers
- Officials testing Arizona water in wash after sewer pipeline break
- Eight Phoenix-area cities among best places to rent