PHOENIX — Multiple crashes on Interstate 17 near downtown Phoenix early Monday morning shut down the road near Interstate 10, highway officials said.
At least six vehicle were hit, their wreckage stretching across all northbound lanes of the freeway near the McDowell Road exit. Minor injuries were reported.
A spokesman for the Arizona Department of Highway Safety said there were three collisions, the first of them making contact shortly before 6 a.m.
The two left lanes were reopened around 7:10 a.m. and by 8:30 a.m. all the lanes were cleared.
No other details were immediately available.
- Ex-Maricopa County deputy gets prison for sex with inmate
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Grand Canyon University makes list of top 10 college campuses in country
- Andre the dog’s abuser yet to be found [REBROADCAST OF 12/3/2012]
- John McCain spends time outdoors with Lieberman, Graham