Interstate 17 reopens after wrecks close freeway near downtown Phoenix
PHOENIX — Multiple crashes on Interstate 17 near downtown Phoenix early Monday morning shut down the road near Interstate 10, highway officials said.
At least six vehicle were hit, their wreckage stretching across all northbound lanes of the freeway near the McDowell Road exit. Minor injuries were reported.
A spokesman for the Arizona Department of Highway Safety said there were three collisions, the first of them making contact shortly before 6 a.m.
The two left lanes were reopened around 7:10 a.m. and by 8:30 a.m. all the lanes were cleared.
No other details were immediately available.
- Arizona shares a favorite fast food joint with many other states
- Estimated population of squirrel plummets after Arizona wildfire
- Jodi Arias appeal prolonged by transcript errors and omissions
- Camping sold out for Phoenix NASCAR race in November
- Crash on I-17 southbound leaves one woman dead, five children injured