Tee Fire near Black Canyon City reaches more than 1,000 acres, I-17 traffic backs up
The Tee Fire near Black Canyon City began Saturday night and continues to burn Sunday, according to the U.S. Forest Service.
The fire is four miles southeast of Black Canyon City and has reached 1,200 acres, according to the latest update from the Arizona State Forestry. Along with earlier incidents and a recent crash, the fire has also contributed to an eight-mile backup on Interstate 17 southbound, per the Arizona Department of Transportation.
There is a total of 100 personnel working the fire as of Sunday morning.
It is burning in hard-to-access terrain through brush and tall grasses.
The cause of the fire is not known at this time.
- I-17 backed up several miles due to crash near Black Canyon City
- Estimated population of squirrel plummets after Arizona wildfire
- YouTube video shows how firefighters battle deadly California wildfires
- Fire crews protect observatory on Southern California peak
- Car accident causes 10-mile backup on Interstate 17 north of Phoenix