Four Arizona-based companies appear on Fortune 500 list
PHOENIX — Four Arizona companies made the latest Fortune 500 list, which ranks the country’s top companies by their revenue during the preceding fiscal year.
The list is published by Fortune magazine and had Arizona companies Avnet, Freeport-McMoRan, Republic Services and Insight Enterprises all in the top 500. Tucson.com reported that several other companies from Arizona made the Fortune 1,000.
The four companies out of the Grand Canyon State to make the 500 finished as follows, with their revenue in parentheses:
108. Avnet ($26.219 M)
175. Freeport-McMoRan ($15.789 M)
299. Republic Services ($9.388 M)
473. Insight Enterprises ($5.486 M)
Avnet is a technology and electronics conglomerate, Freeport-McMoRan specializes in natural resources and mining, Republic Services is a waste management firm and Insight is a technology firm.
Walmart, Berkshire Hathaway and Apple finished first, second and third on the Fortune 500, respectively.
- Suit alleges Motel 6 discriminated against Latino customers
- Delay granted at Phoenix trial for man accused of making bomb parts
- WWE releases Enzo Amore after Phoenix woman accuses him of rape
- Arizona man cannot hunt for decade after illegally killing bighorn sheep
- Anti-abortion group names Arizona nation’s top pro-life state