Arizona authorities seize pet bobcat, deer, javelina
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — Arizona Game and Fish authorities have seized a bobcat, deer and javelina that were being kept as pets near Tucson.
Authorities learned in June that residents illegally took the exotic animals captive about a year ago.
Game and Fish spokesman Mark Hart says the mule deer will be taken to the department’s wildlife center in Phoenix for treatment and then will be moved to Bearizona in Williams.
The bobcat was placed at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum and the javelina, an animal similar to a boar, was taken to Scottsdale’s Wildlife Conservation Center.
Hart says unless obviously injured, baby mammals should be left where they are and untouched.
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Arizona schools chief Diane Douglas supports Board of Regents lawsuit
- Phoenix-based marijuana company plans to turn town into pot resort
- Arizona officials urging people to get flu shots as season approaches
- Phoenix is fastest-warming city in US, meteorologist says