Teen receives gift from his deceased dad on 16th birthday
A 16-year-old boy went into a music shop with his mom, read his card and then received a surprise gift from his deceased father.
Store employees opened up a case and revealed a guitar inside.
“Dad bought it for you before he passed away,” someone says behind the camera.
The teen is Johnny Crow of Port Huron, Michigan. His father, John Crow, died in April.
“I was definitely overjoyed that my father gave me one last thing to remember him by,” said the sophomore at Port Huron High School. “I know a lot of kids don’t get that.”
Johnny Crow was present when his father had a heart attack, and when doctors made unsuccessful attempts to revive the 49-year-old.
“It’s a very different experience seeing your hero on his deathbed,” Johnny Crow said.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
- Hearing for Arizona teen accused of murder postponed to November
- Teen pleads not guilty to killing Arizona woman
- Parents of missing Mesa teen arrested, allegedly interfered in custody battle
- Funny dad shows lots of ways to put a kid to bed
- Valley police officer befriends teen he first met on night patrol