Baby boy dies after being attacked by family dog in Phoenix
PHOENIX (AP) — Authorities say an 18-month-old boy has died after being attacked by the family’s dog in south Phoenix.
Phoenix Fire Department officials say the baby was attacked about 1 p.m. Friday for an unknown reason. The child was taken to a pediatric trauma hospital in extremely critical condition and later died.
Fire officials say the rottweiler belongs to the child’s father and reportedly has been the family’s pet for the past three years.
Maricopa County Animal Care and Control said in a statement that the dog was brought to a Phoenix shelter.
- Suspect, officer injured in Phoenix shooting, police say
- Woman rescued from Camelback Mountain after getting lost on trail
- Phoenix police plan to search landfill for missing woman’s body
- Trump rally, protest in downtown cost Phoenix $450K in overtime pay
- Phoenix-based marijuana company plans to turn town into pot resort