Man dives into moving car being driven by seizure victim on wrong side of road
A man in northern Illinois didn’t hesitate to literally jump to action when he saw a car veering on the road.
On the police dashcam footage, a sedan is seen driving on the wrong side of the road along with a truck moving in reverse on the other side of the street.
One of the officers is heard asking, “what’s this guy doing?” The man in the truck, as it turns out, appearaed to realize the significance of the situation. He dove into the car, put it in park and told officers the driver was having a seizure.
The man in the truck’s name is Randy Tompkins and originally spotted the car because it was headed right towards him.
The driver was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
- Police: Pedestrian killed when struck, carried on vehicle
- 5 rescued after spending night in Phoenix-area desert due to stuck car
- 3 children among injured in collision near downtown Phoenix
- Police looking to charge 14-year-old boy in deadly car accident in Phoenix
- Teenage brothers struck by car, killed in north Phoenix