Man dives into moving car being driven by seizure victim on wrong side of road
A man in northern Illinois didn’t hesitate to literally jump to action when he saw a car veering on the road.
On the police dashcam footage, a sedan is seen driving on the wrong side of the road along with a truck moving in reverse on the other side of the street.
One of the officers is heard asking, “what’s this guy doing?” The man in the truck, as it turns out, appearaed to realize the significance of the situation. He dove into the car, put it in park and told officers the driver was having a seizure.
The man in the truck’s name is Randy Tompkins and originally spotted the car because it was headed right towards him.
The driver was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
- Phoenix police say parents, 6 kids found living out of a car
- Suspect arrested in connection to burglary of Fountain Hills home
- Phoenix-area residents can now buy a car — from a vending machine
- Two suffer life-threatening injuries after car crashes into pole in Glendale
- Could Uber face charges in self-driving vehicle death of Tempe woman?